Saturday, January 31, 2015

It's Showtime and Excitement Levels are Approaching Zero

So this is supposed to be a sports blog, but I'll be damned if the halftime show at the SuperBowl isn't as important as the game itself. Obviously I'm way more excited about the game, but half the people watch just for the commercials and halftime show. This year Katy Perry will be the performer. She's actually a pretty talented musician and can switch between a lot of different genres, but for the love of god can we please get someone better? I will 100% rock out to her singles Dark Horse, Roar and more, but please stop with this pop crap at the SuperBowl.

In the past, awesome people such as The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and shall I say it....Justin Timberlake. Ok so boob-gate happened during that performance--and we all know it was staged--but that dude can put on a show! Producers have to gear their show towards the most influential people and that would be people like me: Millenials. WHAT UP, BITCHES? In all seriousness, it's pretty cool to be the group that more or less "chooses" the show by supporting the most popular artists. Last year's performer was Bruno Mars and I wanted to die. The show sucked so badly, I thought they'd choose someone timeless and willing to put on a great show. Hell, I'd be happy with Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney or Luke Bryan--extremely popular country artists--to change up the pace. Instead, they chose just another poppy musician.

I realize that other artists will guest star in the show, but I doubt it will be anyone good. The only thing that saved last year's performance was The Red Hot Chili Peppers. This year it's going to be another Pop Star like Juicy J, Snoop (although I'd be stoked if he showed up) or Nicki Minaj. It'll basically be an upbeat clusterfuck. Like I said before, I don't dislike Katy Perry, I just want to have a real halftime show. Please don't fuck this show up, Katy. PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment